Gummer and Tooles - Tale of 2 tubes the second coming!

James Esus

So me and my BFF decided to go out a wee cycle today, Kilgreggan was the destination for an extended cafe break!

Just over the bridge and into Bowling the familiar sound that accompanies a Toole and Gummer cycle a big psssssshhh from Gummers back wheel! Fixed and another 3 miles down the road my bottle cage came flying off with bottle still in! I stop and cycled back up and got it, when I returned Gummers now front tyre was deflated!!

So after 13 miles of cycling we have no tubes left and one useless gas canister left!!!

Got to Dumbarton halfords who only sell top of the range tubes that have a 60mm to fit Gummers wheels and packs of 5 gas canisters so Gummers shelled out much more than he ever wished to spend on two tubes and gas!!

Rest of ride was lovely, freezing cold and wet!

Full all day breakfast fuelled the rest of the ride!!!

Me and Gummers are desperate for a double hammock award and we will try and organise another puncture filled ride before the year is out for the hatrick!!!!

https://www.strava.com/activities/747667216

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ross speaks only for himself. His ambitions for the hammock award are his and his alone.

Good run though though through wind, rain, Ross' patter, showers and (very) occasional sun. Café stop at Kikcreggan was excellent! The finest eggs benedict. Despite a couple of punctures a good 80 miles in the bag

Andy