Fred Whitton Challenge 2017

• 2 weeks later...

Alex and all, I am up for a few beers at 7 or half 7 ish. Cunning plan to book taxi for 9pm as life too short to miss bogs bunch (sorry Alex I know you are in recovery but just think this time next year you'll be a DA vet :) )

Quite understand Paul. Maybe Bogs on 31st for me (to Largs if I'm lucky!) Building up turbo miles and all going well, but if / when knee screams I have to stop so couldn't risk that out on the road 10 miles from home. See you all Friday

• 2024 Subscriptions

What's the chat from last night then?

Fred Whitton chat concluded the following:

1. those that want to do the official route on 7th May will enter as 4 man teams. So, there is some organisation to be done. I will be applying for one group, but the onus is on the rest to do likewise.

2. there may be a JWCC away day as well. tbc

3. Alex may lead on a charity entry if people don't get on via the team lottery. Again tbc.

I see no reason why we couldn't do the official thing if we get in and also the club away day as well. I would do it. Also, as a last resort for a team that failed the normal route, there may be the charity option that Alex said he'd lead on. I haven't myself read the fine detail of that tho.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I have booked a bed in the YHA Ambleside for the Saturday and Sunday night.

Have we split into groups of 4 yet? 

I have booked it on Booking.com, you can cancel up until the 3rd May free of charge incase we don't get in.