Battle of Balloch Castle Cyclocross 10th Sep 2016

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

A Flat fast grassy course in a beautiful setting, 2 races A & B... I have stuck myself down for B race as I saw a good few people who pumped me last year have opted for the B plus i'm yella. Hopefully there will be a few more Wheelers along this year, we could even cycle down??

http://Battle of Balloch Castle Cyclocross 10 Sep 16

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee

Wow, summer was still in Balloch today with hot sunshine in a beautiful country park setting. Stakes and tape really set off these venues and a good PA system with His High Crossness Jammie Johnston giving a commentary to round it all off. Crippling lack of ambition and increasing age meant I was in the B race.

Paul monstered the mass start and he led me into the first corner for a JWCC 1+2 ahead of the pack. Paul strung out the big field along the first fast straight and tempted me to slingshot past him and we led for the first couple of laps. It is always good to miss the inevitable jams mid-pack. I was red-lining and was passed by the eventual winner but Paul held on for a very strong second place with me in third about forty seconds behind.

Lewis Overend, Jets, was first Junior in B race. There was an A race but we won't go there.

Looking forward to Bute next weekend. As usual I can recommend the cyclocross scene highly for accessibility and informality. All ages and abilities welcome.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was fun, First two laps wheelers 1-2. Got the Hole Shot (Davie B )    B) and Alan right behind pushing me on at one point we had a gap to the field but we were both well in the red. At one point I looked at Alan an thought what the **** are we doing leading out this race :)  Well done to the Jets! Nice day out and my Curry paid for  Ohyadancer!

Celebrating with a Belgian Beer