Admiralty RR - Done & Dusted :-)

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

Despite many obstacles put in front of me in organising this race, it finally got going today & luckily everything went just the way we wanted it - even the weather :-)

A lot of people I would like to thank on behalf of the club, for todays race, without them all, the race could not happen:

The Sign-on / Catering team

Sandra / Mary / Jane

The Marshals

Wheelers:

Alan McBride (who I can see was itching to ride) :-/

Andrew Dunn

Bill Thomson

Chris Austin (Wiggowanabe)

David Cathcart

Eric

Greg Balden

KarenG

Morna

Paisley Velo:

Graeme Barr

John Downes

Glasgow Couriers:

Ritchie Proven

John

Mother & Grandmother of rider Danny Hedley

Rachel

Grandma

First Aider

Paul Leavy

Service

Willy Cosh (Q Bikes)

Convoy Drivers

Iain McGinty

Iain McTarvis

Iain Cowden

Paul McMillan

Alan Thomson

Stevie McFarlane (Paisley Velo)

Thanks to everyone's effort, today event went very smoothly apart from the crash in the final lap which brought a few riders down. Unfortunetly, a rider from Glasgow Green CC - David Anderson had to be taken to hospital for a suspected dislocated shoulder or broken collarbone, so hope he recovers soon!

It was a massive gallop to the finish with a big bunch sprint after 6 laps, very close indeed & the honours went to:

1st Overall - Zak Loney

2nd - Gavin Shirley

3rd - Andrew Hale (who was leading with literally 10 meters to go :-()

1st Juniors - Stuart Paterson

2nd - Euen Sutherland

3rd - Danny Hedley

A very good placing for our friend from the Couriers - Gregg O'Malley in 6th overall.

Interestingly, a 4th Cat placed 17th, but he was well in the main lead bunch along with the usual Cat 2's.

It's encouraging to see we had help from a number of the local clubs members who stepped in to help, because without them, it would have been difficult to put the race on. I cannot stress that enough!

In future, we should do the same & repay these favours if the situation arises!

Also, big thanks to Willy & Stevie of Q Bikes for supporting the race with goody bags & car. Much appreciated!

I hope I haven't left any body out & thank you all again!

Cheers

Chung

On behalf of the JWCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done Chung, terrific organisation of this event, everything appeared to have been thought of and in place, well done to all the support teams particularly our first aider Paul who was faced with a rather nasty accident, oh and the cake and sandwich makers!   

• Life Members

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the fallen rider - David Anderson, been in touch with his clubmate who raced today as well. Apparently, David have broken his collarbone, but he is out of hospital & back home. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery!

As said before, well done to Paul Leavy & Stevie McFarlane who tended to him on the scene :-)

Another thank you to David Cathcart & Sandra for sorting the logistic before & after the race, so making my life a lot easier on the day, cheers guys!

Chung

• Life Members

Hi All & particularly to Paul Leavy,

I just received a message from the fallen/injured rider during our race on Sunday - David Anderson:

" HI,

I had sent a message on facebook but doesn't seem to have went through so ill send you it and hopefully you can pass on the message,

Hi just a quick message to thank everyone involved in helping me at the side of the road after my crash, I don't know any bodies name but everyone kept me safe and warm until the ambulance came, so a huge thank you and if you could pass on the message, I know one of the guys was Irish if that helps? I broke my collarbone so off the bike for a while sadly!

Thanks

David "

Looks like he's in good spirit despite his misfortune, we all would like to wish him a speedy recovery!

Cheers

Chung