Winter World Cup.

James Esus

After the success of Jan's summer World Cup (a mish mash of rules so he could win something this year)

I propose a Winter World Cup! Idea would be one night a week obviously not clashing with turbo or track league. Thursday's??

Meet at club room spin up to Kilbirnie industrial estate and then we have different options on the 1 mile circuit.

1. If there are enough bodies do an Italian pursuit race.

2. Through and off points idea? Sprint each lap and then double points for last lap. Bonus points if you breakaway and catch the group again!

3. Devil take hindmost, might be a bit cold for the people that get put out but once two or three are off then cycle in opposite direction through and off to get a work out?

Obviously points,rules and what format of racing will be decided on how to get me the best possible chance of winning following Jan's system this year!

Lights will be needed but it's a safe route on track and in industrial estate (some potholes) did this route in the winter!

I'm prepared to get shot down,

I thank you!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Love the idea - it's a winter crit series - Kilbirnie a good location too in terms of access too. There's a similar crit series that runs in Irvine throughout the year and it works very well as a training run. So as not to clash with track on Wednesday we could go for Monday's?

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good idea as long as I can devise the macro embedded multi level 3D spreadsheet that Jan uses to allocate points for the summer worlds. I also want to devise the points system in hindsight so I can win or at least make sure that Jesus doesn't.

Will see interest, it's a bit awkward track league being a Wednesday and I agree with Andy that Monday is the only real option for those who can't go full gas 2 nights on the trot. Cue age related jibe ! Though short and sharp the track really empties the tank.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sounds like a good idea although the surface around the industrial estate is in a terrible state.

btw there is talk of track league getting moved to a friday.

Track league Friday, bogs Saturday, there's a combo to leave you incoherent on a Saturday night, without beer

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

So many options, so little time.

I would like to do winter worlds, turbo, track league, cyclo cross and weights through the week in the winter. Trouble is I'd have to rest all weekend and that's not an option with the winter bogs bunch being the best run of the week ( and best training for DA17 ).

So my only suggestion is alternate Monday's for winter worlds and turbo.

Great predicament to have.

It would suit me as well if it was every second week! If it's ok with Billy every second Monday could be Winter World Cup so the first one would be the 17th! Was thinking ten laps sprint every second lap 3,2,1 points 20 points for break away and catch!

Will make a separate post in midweek club runs but just now post up if you would be interested in every second week!?

• 2024 Subscriptions

Turbo Monday for me. But the Winter Champs will provide an interesting alternative. We used to do this years ago at Glengarnock and on the Spateston Circuit. Good training if a tad cold at times and intense. Tasting blood when it's freezing can lead to illness though. So, wrap up warm :)