• 2023 Subscriptions

Good Morning,

Been cycling in and around Paisley area on my own for a while and starting to get a little bit bored so looking to perhaps come along to give club a try out. I'll never be the fittest person in the world as I enjoy beer and junk food to much .

Also a tad nervous about group cycling although I have done it in the past but not sure about club etiquette etc.

Any will keep an eye out on the thirty mile section Sunday runs and Wednesday might social runs.

Cheers and hope to see you soon.

Allan

Allan,

Firstly welcome to the club. I think it is fair to say your journey to deciding to join a cycling club mirrors that of many in the Wheelers. We've all been down this road and survived. Depending on your level of fitness I recommend a ride with either the 30 milers, the intermediate bunch or the Wednesday evening socials. The guys and girls in these groups will make you most welcome. See how you go with these rides and take it from there.

As for group riding, you'll pick the do's, don'ts and how to's up as you go along. Watch, listen and ask questions, even if the questions might seem daft. Those riding with you will keep you right. If there are specific aspects you wish to cover on group riding, or indeed anything else, there are a number of coaches (myself, Billy Mac (Moi on the forum), Tom Hill and a variety of coaches attached to the jets) within the club who would be more than happy to give you advice and guidance.

Get yourself along to one the rides and enjoy.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...