Crit under the castle

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Bit of a disaster punctured at end of lap 4 so having travelled all way to Stirling got just under 16 mins racing. Have to say weather was rotten and I was a bit nervous at start but shouldn't have worried as cracking circuit and felt I was getting stronger despite elementary mistake of starting at rear and losing front wheels. Ta to Emma mclaren for letting me use her turbo for warm up and ta to jets for letting me shelter under their gazebo. Danny Mulholland was third in his race and Lusia Steele won hers so not all bad for the joansin

Should also say that di2 got stuck in high gear at time of puncture. Probably me twisting bars in anguish.

Mcphee see u chose Kilnaurs race instead. Was hoping u were going to guide me round but well done in your race.

Think was a sharp racing lesson for James but all credit to him he was there till the end. Will let him report

• 2023 Subscriptions

My first Crit race, which was another learning curve in my new found sport.  With the wet weather, not very pleasant at all very unlike Lasufrida I was a tad nervous to say the lest with the cobbles and paved areas through the precinct and some tight corners as I haven't had a lot of race experience never mind racing in the wet. The start was fast from the off and the race strung out very quickly. I didn't  get clipped in immediately lost out getting into the first 2 tight corners. By this time I had lost the wheels and was on my own the for the duration of the race just picking up the odd rider.

As the race went on I gained more confidence in the corners and before long I had been lapped by the leader, though he was well clear of the rest. The race was hard on my own but finished 23rd and certainly gained some experience from this.

Unlucky Charlie and well done to the Jets how raced earlier.