TT bike as road bike?

James Esus

• 2023 Subscriptions

The frame angles are different to a road bike that's to get your hips in the right place for an aero position , you could do it but don't think I would like the road ride element of it . also your TT set up seat position set back seat height is way different than TT .

So bad bad idea

How tall are you as I could lend you a P3 if not racing

• Committee

It would be doable but I think the TT frame would ride funny on all but the straightest roads. The Exocet seat and head tube angles are much more upright (2-4deg more) than road race frames and it has very short chainstays so could be very twitchy. (you would also be out of breath explaining the set up to noseys like me).

No reason why you could not build it up but be prepared to rebuild with proper TT bars if it feels awful.

I know you did not ask this but you might be better off just adding a set of clip-ons and deep section wheels to your road bike for TTs for a season. If you like it then  get the full exocet rig and use the deeps on that.

I tried to avoid buying a TT bike for years but n+1 always prevails. Proper TT bike is very nice on fast roads and it is good to feel your energy is being used efficiently.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Two big key points for you one your not doing a 10 TT so aerodynamics and maintains an uncomfortable position is not a big priority

Two you are doing an iron man comfort and Zone 3 for a long time is your priority , moving seat forward may be Good for short duration TT but maybe not for long distance