Track league 2nd December

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Less races but more laps in the As and Bs tonight - first an Olympic devil (which i made an arse of so didnt get any of the extra laps!) - on the front then got overtaken and was stuck on the inside - started thinking that i better watch out as i could end up  getting boxed in on a few laps time so made my way to the back intending to come over the top and to the front again. I couldnt get off the back though! Then it was a scratch, went off the front a bit with another guy with about 7 laps to go we were hung out to dry and caught then nothing left to respond. Last a points race 50 laps, aimed to take it easy for the first half then attack in the second half...2 others had the same intention but they went right after the sprint on 30 so i had to bridge to them (which seemed to take forever) then we worked together and managed to stay away over the final 2 sprints where i got 2nd and a 1st. Dont know how i placed overall mainly pleased the 3 of us managed to hold off the bunch.  The chase group got very close after the 2nd last sprint!

• 2023 Subscriptions

After missing last week was good to be back at track with the usual wee possee of JWCC and of course the Jets. Billy, Iain and I in the B's with Alan in the C's.

Fair enjoyed my night with the devil being first up and the Olympic format of elimination every second lap which kind of changes the dynamic to one lap of positioning then one lap of nicking it up. Was 28 riders announced I think, anyway Iain took strategic early batch saving himself for a fine performance in the points race later, Billy after saying he wisny gonnay dae it changed his mind and finished better than mid pack and I was chuffed to finish 5th and completely goosed.

Then a 20 lap scratch, can't really say what the other guys did as I was in a zone and despite having to go high round in a messy sprint I finished 4th.

Finally a 50 lap points, Iain got in break and gathered good points but need to wait to see result, Billy got a first or second in a sprint then decided to enjoy the view from high up the track! I was running on fumes after earlier efforts and finished in a much reduced bunch.

Still a grand way to spend a Wednesday night

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

The C's seemed a bit faster tonight, and the opening race, a course de prime over 10 laps was definitely one for the younger legs. Basically, like a points race, but with one point awarded every lap. I decided not to contest that, saving my legs for later races. Got a poor start in the devil, which meant I was hanging off the back trying to make ground to stay in, but coming off after only a few laps. A 30 lap points race next, with sprints every 5 was very quick, and occasionally a bit physical, but everyone stayed upright which is the main thing. The 24 lap scratch race at the end took off, with riders getting shelled out as early as 8 laps in. I managed to stay with the lead bunch, but couldn't make any headway towards the front. Tough night, but really enjoyable.

• 2023 Subscriptions

My night started with me feeling bad after the warm up and only raced as I couldn't get my cash back

Don't like the devil but stayed out of trouble for a a bit but lost concentration and ended at the back and boxed in so devil done

Short scratch with 3 to go a big gap appeared so went for it lasted about a lap or so then died I think everybody passed me in the last lap

The points was fun just ended up near the front when a couple of riders broke away so I joined them got a point or two but now totally empty dropped to the back just as the tail broke of the bunch never got back on so did about 20 laps at the back on my own was nice watching the race from high up the track