SUNDAY 26th Club Run - LBL :-) Langbank - Brisbane - Largs

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

What with the mass exodus of Wheelers to Belgium (Good luck guys) this weekend, I doubt we'll get the same size of bunch as last Sunday.

But still, there's riding to be done for the rest of us for sure, weather at the moment not looking fabulous :-(

So, I'm thinking the following if anybody is interested:

Clubroom 0900 - GT Rd. - Bishopton - Westferry - Post Glasgow - up Brisbane Glen - Largs (Coffee) - West Kilbride - Dalry - Kilbirnie - Cycle track - Johnstone

Door to door - approx.70-ish miles (120-ish km)

What do youse think? We can chuck in some hills along the way if anybody have any suggestion (most welcome)?

Anyway, please post up if you can make it along!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Bright and sunny but bitterly cold run today, good to see a good sized bunch out. It was nice to be applauded through the park at Lochwinnoch, even though we weren't part of the event.

• Life Members

Well, the mash-up "LBL" today certainly had the making of the original - weather wise at least anyway! :-P

A very decent bunch size of 10 of AlanT, AndrewD, Bill T, Boyd, David C, Emma, Iain JanUlrich, Paul C, Rennie & myself headed out from the clubroom this morning that was rather cold & windy :-( but at least the sun was out occasionally, so can't complain too much.

Keeping to our planned route but no sign of Dr. McLean :-( along Bishy or Westferry, hope you're ok Alan?

As we turned inland after Port Glasgow onto the climb up to Loch Thom, we caught the folks doing the Lochwinnoch 100. Never have I seem so many cyclist heading up the climbs, even though it was a mixture of road machines & mountain bikes.

Splendid view along the way to the top but the wind was fairly blowing, at this point we were ambushed & caught by Campbell H (who seemed to came out from no where to surprise us) The wind made hanging about not feasible hence a quick decent down to Largs for a warm shelter in the BB, where upon Graham was already waiting for us tucking into his orders :-)

Back up to West Kilbride at least with a sort of tail wind made it better but hail in Dalry was not pleasant at all, apologies to folks for my lack of directional clarity at this point, which meant we had to do an un-necessary wee detour, oops!

Anyway, all back home safely (I hope) and with great company & roads, it was very enjoyable for me today. Hope it was the same all round.

Thanks for the wheels guys & girl and hope to see youse next week if I can't get an entry into doing the Drumlanrig on Saturday.

Cheers

Chung

Struggled a bit today having picked up a throat bug in Belgium during the week.

Tagged onto Bill and Boyd at Dalry and trundled back to Lochwinnoch.

It was like Last of the Summer Wine on wheels!!

Glad I did the full run - had to lie down in a darkened room for an hour when I got home.

Feeling better now after a few recovery drinks of real ale in the Brown Bull!!

Won't be be out next two Sundays as I will be sunning meself in Malta!!