Club Run Sunday 15th March

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

I'm planning on a Club Run for the above date, here's what I have in mind.

9.00am Clubroom Start

Johnstone - GT Road - Bridge - Dumbarton - Bonhill - Cycle Route 7 - Croftamie - A809 to Dryman - "Pipe Track" - Gartmore - Aberfoyle - A81 > Port of Menteith - Right Turn onto B8034 > Arnprior - Kippen - Fintry - Crow Road - Lennoxtown - Strathblane - Milngavie - Bridge - Johnstone

This is a shorter version of the route I posted previously in "George's LBL training RM Sportive" suggestion, which will make it a lot more manageable for all.

I recon it'll be approx. 70-ish miles door to door (sorry, I'm not good with Map-thingy, I would be grateful if some techie folks can sort this out ;-)) Obviously, there'll be a cafe stop for sure either at Aberfolye but most likely Lennoxtown, can decide on the day or depending on arrival time :-)

There'll be a few long climbs involve but all very manageable on quietist roads :-)

There are bail out options along the route for anyone who don't fancy doing the whole thing.

It would be great to have a few wheels to follow, so ALL are welcome & we'll ride as a "Bunch"!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Iain67 & All,

If it's OK with our TT'ers, I'll leave the post up to see what folks want to do?  :unsure:

However, if its a goer then I assume 0930-0945 at south side of the bridge Iain.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

I get that TTing isn't everyone's flagon of ale, so that's fine. So long as we've got some support for timing and shoving off. And encouragement. ;):)

That is a nice route Chung. I need to be home by midday though, and if I were to join you I'd have to turn back quite early and miss all the nice bits. That's the reason why I never go north of the river these days. 

I don't understand the point of the Restricted Gear Time Trial. I thought restricted gears were supposed to be a way of providing a level playing field for juniors, but I did the Restricted Gear thing once (about 6 years ago) and there was no-one there under 35. Each to his own I suppose. It's a bit like mowing your lawn with a push-mower to show the neighbours how hard you are.

Hi Tony - as you say  - each to their own.  I've always thoroughly enjoyed the Restricted Gear events.  The lower gears promote fast and efficient pedalling and help keep you warm at this time of year!   Last year's event was won superbly by Adam Hazel, one of the Jets.

My understanding is that restricted gear events are a traditional part of the British cycling club calendar, usually following Reliability Trials and constituting the first time trials of the year. Generally they are followed by two-up TT events.  

Iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great choice for a run, Chung. I'd love to be fit enough to do the whole run, but between virus, bad weather and a pregnant daughter, I'm now on another comeback. I'll probably meet up at the bridge and hope to hang on up to Drymen or thereabouts and make my own way home.

• Life Members

Hello Alan & All,

Yes, I'm heading out for sure!

I've been suffering from some form of deadly man flu since Monday, but thankfully getting better so youse will have to take it easy on me when we're out :-)

See youse all 0900 at the clubroom!

Cheers

Chung