26 november

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Demoted to the Cs tonight. A few others were too including Richard Warnock from GGCC. If Scottish Cycling ever bothered to update the league table he would be the highest placed B rider as he regularly wins a couple of races each week! In the end end he didnt bother racing at all.

First up 40 lap points, sprints every 10. Strategy was to go for the first points and then try a breakaway, was either 1st or 2nd but the breakaway attempts didnt work so ended up going for the final sprint, was sitting great on second wheel and we had small gap to the riders behind as the bell went. But there were riders being lapped and riding 3 abreast as if it was a leisurely spin so we had to stall the sprint to get around them and that allowed some others to catch. Ended up having to settle for 3rd in that sprint. That was a little annoying so on the Devil wanted to stay out of trouble so rode it from the front and managed to defend the position and ended up winning. Last was 25 lap scratch, attempted a few attacks but nothing stuck, got caught behind someone who lost the wheel in front with 4 laps to go, managed to close the gap but had nothing left for the sprint.

Have to say enjoyed the Cs, overall its probably not much slower than the Bs the biggest difference is in the surges, but the difference meant i be a bit more 'active' in the races than i am in the Bs where it often feels like hanging on. I should probably have riden a bit more sensibly rather than attempting daft attacks, but where is the fun in that? :D

• 2023 Subscriptions

I wasn't sure how that was going to go, given the field, but overall pretty pleased. I hung in, mid bunch for the 40 lap points race (my longest race ever at the track), got boxed in about 7 laps into the devil with nowhere to go and feeling ok, and in the last race, mixing in the front for the first third of the race, (on Iain's wheel) dropped back to mid bunch for the middle third, and my legs went with 4 laps to go. Overall pretty pleased considering I had less than 24 hours recovery from half the mountain stage of the Giro D'Italia.