a little note

gregbalden

• 2023 Subscriptions

As some may or may not know i have recently got a new job, and shall shortly be moving away!

I have been with the club for 7 years come September. This club and its extremely generous, helpful and friendly have been very good to me. I cannot thank the club and its members enough.

I'm off to work in the prison service in Inverness so I'll be a short distance ( to say the least) away. So my last club run will probably be this Sunday 31st, and probably a Thurs the week after.

Because the club and it's members have been so generous to me, I am going to donate my TT bike to the club, for the committee to then donate it to a club member who is looking promising in time trailing or a club member who is in need of that helping hand to get started with some racing. Unfortunately, it will not have wheels and a rear derailleur. This was a poor decision from me to borrow it of myself to keep myself on the road through the winter. But it's a start.

So I'll round this off with a MASSIVE thank you to this club and all of its members, past and present and I hope not to stay too far away from the club.

Greg.

Hi Greg

Just to wish you the best of luck in your new career and to say thanks to you for your good company and enthusiasm over the past seven years!  Lots of fond memories...  Kenny Mac's development group, the confined events, training camps on Skye, and not least your heroic efforts on Callum's Road on the occasion of your 18th birthday!

Take care and don't be a stranger!

Iain & Mary

Seven years!

Still remember your excited reaction after turning up for your first club run in a t-shirt, cargo shorts and a pair of trainers and having done 20miles by the time you got home   :icon_yes

Back for more the next week and becoming a regular of the original Thirty Milers before progressing through the bunches

There's plenty of good roads in the Inverness / Moray area. You'll be spoiled for choice

Congratulations and Good luck on the new job and as Iain said, don't be a stranger

KennyS

Greg,

Will probably not see you before you go so will take this opportunity to wish you all the best and good luck for your new job.

I have no doubt you will be making guest appearances in the near future so will probably see you around.

Classy move donating the bike btw....I may have some parts I can donate to accompany it, with the only downside being it will be the dreaded Campag - I will have a rumble through my bits and bobs.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Greg,

Best of luck in the new job, it has indeed been a pleasure to know you for the past 5 years that I've been at the club. As Paul said you 're ever smiling face will be missed on club runs, but I'm sure you'll be back out with the bunch when you pop down to visit the folks.. take care and keep in touch via the bunch...

cheers

Ian

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Greg

Congratulations Greg. We will certainly miss you in the bunch, especially your great attitude with nae moaning. Many happy memories such as the birthday wishes at the top of the Kopenberg, and also the way you got up the Nove Coli with your rear mech playing up, and nae moaning!

All the best. Drop in and see us all some time.

Darryl

• Members

Hi Greg

hope you enjoy life in the Highlands , Moray Firth has the Riddle brothers as members . Roddy and kenny are both top guys so worth considering it as a club. Many many memories of club runs with you over the years including training camp in Skye. You progressed both on and off the bike into a genuine friend and top cyclist. Joining JWCC was a family thing and we enjoyed your mum & dad supporting both you and the club at many events and functions over the years. Wishing you all the best for the future in your career and I know you will continue to support JWCC from your new found home. I will keep an eye out for you in Inverness when I am through on shopping expeditions LOL

Kenny MacD

I would echo all the previous posts as well Greig - all thebest on the new job. I recall you giving me tips on an early bunch ride over to dunnoon which gave me some insight into how to improve bike handling in the bunch and general techniques. This is what a club is about and the club will miss your input. Also I still have your skin suit which you lent me for my abortive attempts at track and will get it back to you but appreciated the effort you went to. As with others will get in touch with you when I'm up that way and hope to get out on the bikes

Cheers Colin