Saturday 2nd August

DavieB

Probably heading out on Saturday as planning on watching the racing on Sunday sans bike.

No route planned but definitely staying this side of the bridge, options include a return to transmitter hill, Largs with a twist or the old Thursday night hilly route.

Post up if interested.

Start time the usual.

D

• Members

I was going to suggest an early start to avoid the rain, but with the forecast saying it'll be wet from ten I'd have to be up in the middle of the night to get over to Johnstone for a worthwhile ride. Looks like I've jinxed the weather again by taking the day off.  :-?

I'll either turbo or go out early and stay over on this side of the river. Sorry, Davie. Might see you on Monday if you've got the Bank Holiday off.

Bank holiday, what are they?

The pressure is on, but if everybody agrees to nominate me for road captain of the year, I will be at the club rooms at 9.

Richard, as yet another thursday crawling up the shortcut proves, I'm the one who needs to go on the turbo but can't quite face it yet. I wouldn't have liked dragging you down to me and Billy's level anyway.

Where's that bottle opener........

D

The roads were as smooth as the boards of a velodrome and the little rain we had merely helped keep us cool. Exceptional run though I believe Ian's power meter requires a wee bit of calibration as I'm sure I was pumping out enough to light a 12 foot flu tube as opposed to your bog standard 50 watt bulb.

Billy, Colin I did you a bit of a dis-service as you would still have made it back in time if you did the extra loop, have a very poor handle of ETA estimation.

Davie

Thanks for letting me tag along and slow you guys down. Left Billy just after Canny Man and dropped into Howwood. Headed towards Lochwinnoch and up the long drag to the top of Johns Hill. 43mph down Phils Folly river and into Kilmacolm, then home. 58 wet, soggy and bumpy miles :-)