Main bunch 20 April

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

1. Don't have a road bike.

2. Vin rouge withdrawal symptons. i.e. now weaning myself off - 1/2 L less per day!

3. Need road time on my new TT bike.

To be fair, I did contrive to make it so, re. Allan at Thomson Cycles not dismantling my Dogma and Mr Couttie offering to drop off my PR conquering Giant Defy.

Anyway Have a good one!

Tom

• Life Members

Excellent day out on the bike & with a lot of new kit on show today, looking splendid indeed. I think it blends in quite well with the "original" Endura kit too.

I think I counted 16 in total today, please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems that much anyway.

We went round the full route with everyone staying together till after Lennoxtown where some folks decided to ride at they own pace on the way home. I was struggling towards the end, thanks to Billy, Ritchie & Darryl nursing me back to Johnstone along the Georgetown Road, big thumbs up to Darryl jam sandwich which help me stop the dreaded knock - cheers Darryl!

Also thanks to Allan M for the use of his air canister to pump up the tyres, cheers!

3 punctures (including my punctured front tub) & yet another sheared rear mech meant converting Iain's bike into a single speed. At this rate, I'll get a PHD in Single speed conversion soon with the practice I get :-)

By the way Iain, how did you get home? We all assume you just rode back to Fintry & just went in the pub! ;-)

Hope everyone got home safely and same again for next Sunday please!

(I meant the weather, not the mechanicals!)

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Great day, sun shining, good chat from start to finish and glad I could keep for a change. Maybe something to do with the new kit, if so that to Mr.O, the go faster kit was money well spent!

Thanks to all for a really enjoyable day

Cheers

Iain